Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 5-Your siblings

I have one sister and one brother and to put it mildly all three of us are VERY different! I was an only child for 3 years, 10 months, and 24 days, can you tell I liked being an only child?!? Then 2 years, 11 months and 4 days later my brother came along. 

This is the oldest picture I have of the three of us on my computer.
This was taken in maybe 1997 or 1998??
This is with all the Cook cousins on our annual trip to Branson, MO



My sister and I have not always seen eye to eye, ok let me correct that, we hardly ever see eye to eye on anything. We are about as opposite as they come, literally, she is tall, skinny, blond and quite and I am NONE of those things! My sister is the most caring, compassionate, loving person I know. She can defiantly be a hard-ass when needed but deep down she is a love not a fighter. Growing up my sister was known by family as the mother hen. She would care for anyone anytime and to this day is the same way. She has a Bachelor degree in Special Education and currently works in an Elementary school with Special Needs children. She got married to Sam on my parents 29th wedding anniversary on August 1, 2008 and gave me a beautiful niece on January 12, 2010. Since she has been married and especially now that we both have daughter our world's have been more in sync and that has allowed our relationship to grow. I hope one day we will be able to be as close as other sister but until then I will take what I can get.
My mom, sister and me on her wedding day

Jeffrey, or as most people except for me call him Jeff, if my baby brother. By baby I mean 6' something and build like a linebacker. I would say my brother and I were closer growing up but since I left for college my sister and brother have had a much closer relationship. My brother and I were very much alike growing up. We both played sports, spoke our minds and gave with our whole hearts. As we grew up we grew further apart. Jeffrey stopped playing sports and became more into cars/mechanic while my love for sports grew and I found found other interest. Personality wise Jeffery and I have always been a lot alike, we don't take much crap from others but we also love with our hearts on our sleeves. My sister and brother continue to have a very close relationship since they both live in my hometown with the rest of my family but when we make the seven hour trip home we all have a great time together.
Classic picture of Jeffery and me at my wedding!


Overall, I would say we are a close family but I wish I has stronger relationships with my siblings. 

Here are a few pictures for you to enjoy:

Thanksgiving 2006 with my husband and brother-in-law

My wedding 7-7-07
Most recent picture of all of us.
July 4, 2010

No comments: