Friday, October 29, 2010

Day 19-Something you miss

First of all TGIF! We have a big weekend coming up and I am so pumped! Tonight we are going to a Halloween Party with some friends, tomorrow morning we are carving our pumpkin then we have a wedding reception to attend on Saturday night then Panhel interviews on Sunday for the 2011 Panhellenic Council! What a weekend!
 

I am going to apologize in advance this might be a little bit of an emotional post but this is an emotional topic for me.

I very dearly miss two people who have passed away. I am very lucky girl to have had these two people in my life for as long as I did but I still miss them everyday. I had the privilege to know three of my four Great Grandparents and all four of my grandparents. I lost my first great grandpa when I was 8 and my first grandpa when I was 25. I am a very luck girl!

The first is my Great Grandma Oriela. I had the privilege to spend every singe Saturday night at her house with my Grandma from the time I was three until she passed away when I was in the 6th grade. The things I miss the most about her include her gentle touch, how she was always there to listen no matter what I needed to talk about it, how much she loved the color purple and her love for purple flowers. 


The second is my Grandpa Cook. I wrote a blog about him when I was pregnant and if you would like to read it you can go here


Again, I apologize for the sad post on a Friday but I hope that everyone has a wonderful day!

No comments: