Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day 3- My First Love

My first love...hum...I have been racking my brain to figure out exactly what to say on this blog. The first thing I thought of when I saw the topic for the day was the first boy I thought I loved, then I though shouldn't my parents by my first love, then what about God does he count as a first love and where does my husband fall into the love category since my feelings for him are totally different the I have ever had for anyone and lastly my daughter. I guess I will cover a little bit of each of these and see where this goes. 

My Parents
My parents have always been there for me; supporting, giving, pushing and loving. I almost lost my mom when I was in the 8th grade due to her brain was not getting enough fluid. She had a very high risk surgery and now is totally fine. It took this incident happening for me to open my eyes and realize that life is short and you need to take advantage of everyday. When I was a sophomore in college my dad was diagnosed with Whooping Cough. Yes, it reminds me of the covered wagon days also but it is real and he had it in August of 2002. It was very hard for me to see my dad like this, for goodness sake my dad never even had a cold the entire time I was growing up so to see him weak and in a hospital bed was very scary. Though these two incidence I have realized that family is number one, no matter what.  
Dad, me & Mom on my wedding day 7-7-07


First "real" boyfriend
We started dating my sophomore year of high school and continued dating though September of my sophomore year of college. We were "meant" for each other. Our parents were friend, we both played sports, we like working out, we enjoyed being around people...it was true love...or so I thought. I had my heart set on marrying him until he decided that having a relationship with another girl was more important than our life together. My heart was truly damaged and there are days where I still question if it will ever be whole again. I learned a lot from our relationship, but there is still a lot of baggage I carry with my from our relationship. 

God 
Through my hurt caused by the boy I found a relationship with God. My parents never made me go to Sunday School or church. We usually went on Easter but it was up to us if we wanted to go other times. I went to Mid-Week classes so that I could be confirmed and become a member of my church at home but I didn't really have a relationship with God. When my life got turned upside-down between my dad and the breakup I found comfort in going to church and finding bible versus that spoke to me and where I was at in my life. I have always made sure that church was part of my husband and my life but over the last year I have found a deeper more meaningful relationship with the Church and God. On October 3rd Jason, Kinley and I became members of St. John Lutheran Church and we looking forward to our faith growing as we grow as a family. 


The Husband
My husband and I have not have the perfect relationship nor were we love at first site. Our relationship as been like a plant it has taken fresh soil, lots of water, sunlight and most of all love. Jason is not perfect but he is the perfect person for me. We very much compliment each other and that is the great thing about our relationship. Like I said before the love I have for Jason is totally different than I have ever had for anyone or anything before. Is is true love, I don't know but it is be the best thing that I know and I wouldn't change a thing!
Jason and I at a Kansas City Royals game September 17, 2010

Kinley
Love, now that can be defined by the first time you hear your husband say "its a girl" or the first time you hear her cry or the first time you get to hold that very small bundle of joy...there are so many emotions that surround having a child but the number one by far is love. It doesn't matter how many times a night you have to get up with them or how long you have to rock them to get them to go to sleep or how many diapers you change the number one feeling you have is love. I thought my life was complete but once Kinley came into our lives we now have a whole different understanding of what a complete life feels like. It just amazes me how much your heart can grow to accommodate this new found love.   
Our first family picture after Kinley was born May 19, 2010

No comments: