Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 18-Something you regret

I attempt to live my life without regrets. Ok, first of all I think the work regret is DIRTY word. It makes you feel bad about yourself and what ever it is that you wish had gone differently! With that being said I truly feel that everything that happens in life happens for a reason. I may not know the reason at the time but I always hope with enough prayer and time I will figure out the reason for each thing. I also believe that these events shape who we are and help mold us for the future.


Working in Higher Education one of the things I strive to instill in students is that "mistakes" happen...it is a part of life it is what you do when a "mistake" happens that makes you the person you are today. There are plenty of situations I look back on in my life; a conversation, an event, a relationship that I think what would have happened if I would have done things differently but I know I would not be the same person of be in the same place I am now.

However if I had to make a quick list of "mistakes"

*I wish I would not have worked so hard during college and took out more student loans. I had college paid for by applying for scholarships and grants but the other "fun" stuff was all mine.I work 3-4 part time jobs at a time which was great because I could pay for everything I wanted to pay for but the down side was I missed out on a lot of fun things with my friends because I was always working.

*I wish I would have applied to be a LC for my sorority and waited a year to go to Grad school. Being a Greek Advisor now I feel that the knowledge I would have gained working for NHQ would have given me a leg up in the advising world


*I wish I could let go a little more often and let Jason make more decisions. Usually what he suggest ends up working out just fine in the end but I have a problem with letting go enough to let him make the decisions.


I think that pretty much makes the short list for now. Have a wonderful Thursday everyone! Only one more day until TGIF!

No comments: