Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 16-Dream house

To tell the truth the house we own right now is very, very, very close to my dream house. The layout is almost perfect. We live in a split-level that splits in the middle not right inside the front door. Three bedrooms are upstairs with one bathroom then on the main level there is the living-room and kitchen then downstairs is the forth bedroom, tv room, laundry, storage and bathroom. If I had the money here are the things I would change about our current house:

-New siding! Right now we have Masonite and with living in Iowa in the winter it is the worst thing you could ever have on your house! Also, new color, it is currently orange/red and I would like a tan/ light brown with red shutters but unfortunally I think this is going to be a battle because my husband loves the color it is right now, he says it make our house "stick out" compared to the others in our neighborhood.

-New carpet! I think it has the original carpet from when it was built in 1979!

-Bigger closets! Currently one of the extra bedrooms is being used as a walk-in closest...which is very cool however, I'm a little concerned what is going to happen when #2 comes along and I have to give up my walk-in close for a third bedroom!

- An island in the kitchen. For that matter a slightly bigger kitchen, after all "a family that cooks together, stays together" right?

That is pretty much all the changes! The best part of our house is we live on a dead-end street and we don't have any neighbors in the backside so it is very quite with lots of room!

1 comment:

ty said...

I would LOVE to have a whole bedroom for a closet :)