Tuesday, November 23, 2010

On the second day of Christmas

Black Friday/General Shopping Tips & Tricks

I LOVE BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING!

No I am not one of the crazies that stand outside all night and wait for an item but I do love the rush of getting to all the stores and finding exactly what I have on my list!

I don't know if I really have any Tips or Tricks for Black Friday shopping but I usually look through all the ads find the things that I really want and then head out shortly after the stores open. I learned a long time ago not to ever go for the "big ticket" items. For example if Best Buy has a computer for $200...well that is great and all but each store only gets a couple of those in stock so in my opinion it is not worth sleeping outside all night just to try to be one of a few people who get that item.

I like to arrive at the stores right as they open then I miss the pushing and shoving of everyone bull rushing as the doors open but I still get there early enough go to get what I want. I don't really have anything in particular I am looking for I just check the ads and find good deals. 

Here are some general tips:
*Make sure to eat something! Grap a granola bar on your way out or if you are like me stop and get a doughnut at the gas station on your way.
*While you are at the gas station make sure to pick up a bottle of water to keep you hydrated and a soda for the caffeine. Also, don't get a fountain soda get a bottle. You can put it in your purse and have something to drink while you are waiting in line
*Make sure to stop and eat lunch!
*Don't spend more than you have. Buy gifts is not worth going into debt!

Happy Black Friday shopping!



1 comment:

Kit said...

Great tips! Thanks for sharing! Staying hydrated is a must!