Saturday, November 6, 2010

Day 27-Pets

Happy Saturday! 

We made it safely to KS last night. We got to my home town just in time for dinner with my family including my grandma. Here is a picture of Jason with Ebony and Kinley:
It is hard to believe that they are only four months apart! The next time we come home will be Christmas and I am so excited to see the babies together! They will be seven months and 11 months which will be really fun ages!

Once we were done with dinner we then we headed to Jason's home town. Kinley did a great job in the car overall, she did get a little fussy but that is understandable after being in her seat for eight hours. Once we got Kinley to bed we were able to play a quick game of pitch. Debbie and I beat Jason and his dad in two games!

Now for the blog challenge. Today's topic is Pets. I wrote about out lovable puppy Beasley on Day 14. I have always been a dog lover,  really a pet lover except for cats. I don't know what is about cats that I really don't like but I just have never been a fan of cats. Growing up we always had an outside hunting dog but my grandma lived on a farm so we grew up with a barn full of cats, some horses, a couple of dogs and a goat. From the minute that Jason and I met we both had a love of dogs and would talk about how we couldn't wait to get one of our own. We also agreed that we would always get our dogs from a shelter or a family that was getting rid of their dog. I'm sure purebred dogs are great and all but we felt sorry for the dogs at the shelter and we knew with a little training they would make wonderful pets. I was ready right away but we never lived in the right situation. In college I lived at my sorority house and not pets were allowed and where Jason lived he could have had a dog but neither of us had the time to train or take care of a dog. Then after we graduated Jason lived in an apartment where no pets were allowed and I went to grad school and didn't have time for a dog. Then we moved to Iowa where we lived in a house where NO WAY could we have a dog so we kept waiting. Finally in February we started the search for a house, we made an offer on March 14 that was accepted that day. That night I was looking on our local swap sheet where I found a "lovable 9 month old male beagle" and I couldn't resist calling. The family let me know he was still available and we made an appointment to go visit him on Saturday. Jason and I were so nervous that we were not going to like this dog that we even had a code word in case either of us didn't want the dog. I can't remember what the word was not but needless to say we never used it! From the first minute we saw Beasley we were in love!


Beasley is the best dog you could ever want! He can be a "typical" beagle at time with his hyper attitude and howling but his sweet demeanor out weights anything!

This is the day we got Bealsey.
After we decided we were going to get Beasley we got in the car and realized we didn't even have a collar or leash for him so we drove the 45 minutes back to town and straight to Pet Co. We carried him into the store where they we so nice and let us open a collar and leash then we were able to walk around the store and pick up all the rest of the things we needed. 

After we got home from our car ride and trip to Pet Co Beasley was tuckered out!

This is his usual sleep position still to this day!
 
The Sunday after we got Beasley we found out K-State would be playing in the NCAA basketball tournament in Omaha so on Wednesday we took him to Petsmart to get a "puppy clean up" and get ready for Omaha!
He got a cute bandanna!

Beasley's first long car ride! 
Headed to Omaha!

He loves to snuggle up under the covers!

 This was at our new house...he was so tuckered out after exploring the new house!

 He loves to snuggle!

 He was helping Jason carve our pumpkin!

He loves car rides!

 Beasley with my parents dog Duke also known as
"Uncle Duke"

We love our little man and someday hope to add another "puppy" sibling for him!

1 comment:

ty said...

I love that little face!