Tuesday, November 30, 2010

On the fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh and eighth day of Christmas...

Or in other words I got really behind on the twelve days of Christmas Blog Challenge!

Day 4: Tips/Tricks to a Budget Friendly holiday season
I always make a list of everyone we have to buy gifts for then assign an amount to each person and try my best to stick within that budget. I also try to keep everything fair, I get this from my grandma, if one parents get $50 then they all get $50 the same goes for siblings and others. I also keep a notebook of what gift ideas we have for each person and then on another page what we have actually bought them so when we are at the store and find a great gift I know if I have anything left to buy for that person.


I have read on a couple other blogs about putting money in envelopes. I have seen a couple of great ideas that go along with this concept:
1) put a little bit of money in the envelope each month so when it come to December you have your budget already in hand.
2) Make a budget like I already do for each person then put that amount in an envelope with their name and the amount you want to spend on them so you don't over spend on any one person.


The last tip I have is it is never too early to start buying gift! I have been known to buy gift as early as July! A deal is a deal!



Day 5: Favorite Holiday Movie/TV Show Special
HANDS DOWN! Elf is my favorite holiday movie!
"I love you, I love you, I loooooooooove you!"
Day 6: Gift ideas (what do YOU want? We all have family/friends reading our blogs...so let them know!)
This was the topic last Tuesday on my Top Two Tuesday post so feel free to jump over there and read that post.

Day 7: Holiday Craft/DIY  (If you don't make anything, what do you WISH you could make?)
 I love Christmas trees! There is nothing too special about the trees I have up but I fully believe that there should be a Christmas tree in every room of my house! Good thing the hubs is out of town so I can put up as many trees as I want! Ha!

However I do love when people have a mantel they can decorate! There are some beautiful ones that women have already posted pictures of! I wish I had a mantel for that reason!
Day 8: Least favorite thing about the Holidays
GLITTER! GLITTER! GLITTER!
I can't stand how it is in the carpet, your close, the furniture and everywhere else for the next 365 days! I refuse to buy anything that has even one piece of glitter!

No comments: