Thursday, January 6, 2011

11 in 2011 Day 6



Best Organization Tricks


Label! Label! Label! 
The best way to keep everything organized is to label! It doesn't matter if it is a shoe box with old pictures or a freezer bag with leftovers grab a sharpie or pen and paper and label! Also, when it comes to labeling food I also put the date on the container! If you put the date on the container then you don't have to try to think back to when you opened that box of pasta or had meatloaf for dinner. 

Colored Hangers
I use two different colors of hangers in my closet. Once I have worn something then it goes on one color while everything else is on a separate color. At the end of the season/year I look at what I have worn and what I have not worn and make my Goodwill pile. I sometimes fudge if there are cloths that I REALLY, REALLY like but maybe the shirt is a small not a medium (I'll be able to wear it again someday!) so I will hang onto it for one more season. This has really helped me to see I have a TON of cloths that I do not wear!

Colored Tubs/Clear Tubs with colored lids
I try to by the Rubbermaid tubs during the season they are out so for example an orange one at Halloween and red at Christmas. This makes for easy storage plus easy to sort thought what you need!



I can't wait to read all of your best organization tricks so hopefully I will be able to incorporate some into our lives!

6 comments:

Caroline said...

I love the clear containers with the colored lids. That's how I sort by holiday/season.

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard of that color hanger system...what a great way to see what you're really using!!

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

Love the colored hanger idea! I may be trying that very soon!

Kristy said...

Great ideas! I should get on a labeling kick

Kit said...

Great tips :)

star said...

I label everything too! Great tips!!