Monday, January 3, 2011

11 in 2011 Day 3



Favorite Work-Out Tips

I have not used this yet but I plan to when I run my half marathon. So here is my favorite work-out tip stolen from a friend. 


Before my friend ran her first half marathon she sent the following email to her close friends:


"If you don't know, I have taken to running in the past year, and in two weeks I am running my first 1/2 Marathon in Rochester, MN! I am a little nervous, but pumped! I feel trained and ready to go, minus one thing. I don't have a playlist for my Ipod for the run!

So I am asking for your help! When I think about those people I want to take on my 13.2 mile journey, you were the people that came to mind. You have impacted me whether it be personally, professionally, or have been with me on this crazy journey the past couple of years! What I am looking for are songs...it can be your favorite song, something that you think will remind me of you, it can be completely random...it is up to you! I just thought what a better way to experience this mid-life goal with the people have inspired me along my way!"

I love this idea and can't wait to do the same thing before I run my half marathon!

2 comments:

Elise said...

I love the idea of asking friends and family to give you song suggestions! I might have to do this too!

Kit said...

THis is such a great idea!