Monday, January 10, 2011

11 in 2011 Day 10



Favorite Girls Night Out Events

There is nothing better than a Girls Night Out! When I was in college I lived in my sorority house so it was Girls Night Out all the time. That was one of my favorite parts of being in a sorority, I loved having people around all the time! If you had to make a quick Wal-Mart trip, needed a beer, or wanted someone to watch TV with it didn't matter, there was always someone there! When I went to graduate school my program was set up as a cohort so I kind of had built in friends as soon as I got there. We enjoyed watching Grey's on Thursday after class, Nathan's before the fire, Cadillac for dancing, and Fitters pizza! When Jason and I moved to Iowa it took me a while to find a core group of women to hang out with, and that was a huge void in my life. The older I get the more I enjoy time to myself, but everyone needs girl friends they can turn to for advice or a beer. I have found some amazing women here now and I can't image my life without them!  Anyway, I know that was kind of rambling but here are a few of my favorite things to do on a Girls Night Out:

 Margaritas! 
Good mexican food, good drinks and good food, what more do you need in life?!?

Pedicures!
Who doesn't love to be pampered? 

Shopping!
Retail therapy can cure just about anything!

Wine tour.
When I was in grad school there were two winery's less than 10 minutes away, 
well any given Friday afternoon you could find a few of out there having
good wine and good conversation!




4 comments:

Kit said...

A wine tour sounds SO fun!

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun living in my sorority house in college too!!

And a winery 10 mins away during grad school? Dangerous :)

Journey2Goal said...

A pedicure and wine sounds pretty awesome right now... If only we didn't have so much snow right now!

Emily said...

Jessie, I've awarded you a blog award! Stop by and pick it up!

http://johnsonfamilyinc.blogspot.com