Thursday, January 2, 2014

Sloppy Joe Cups

I'm starting my first week back at meal planning off with a quick easy recipe since I was going to the store then coming straight home to make dinner. I didn't want anything too complicated and not too big of a mess. 

Sloppy Joe Cups
Time:
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: roughly 15 minutes

What you will need:
1 can biscuits- I use Grands! Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1 lb hamburger-I use 93/7 
1 can (14.5 oz) Sloppy Joe Mix
Shredded Cheddar Cheese (you will not need a lot, it is just enough to sprinkle on the top of the cups)

Direction
1. Heat oven to whatever the biscuits call it to be
2. Brown hamburger then drain grease and put it back on the stove
3. Add Sloppy Joe mix to hambuger
4. While the Sloppy Joe mix is simmering open the biscuits and place one in each hole of a muffin tin. You will need to push the dough down in and make a hollow place in the middle of each biscuit.
5. Spoon less than one tablespoon of meat into each biscuit then top with cheese.
6. Cook per the instructions on the biscuit roll-Mine called for 13-17 minutes so I did 15 and it was perfect
ENJOY!
This is what the biscuits should look like in the muffin tin


Like I said there really isn't a lot of room for meet so it is less than a table spoon of meat in each cup 

 Again, not a ton of cheese goes on each once just because there isn't a lot 
of room but a little bit goes a long way with these cups. 

Final product!

 

Thoughts:
I originally got this recipe from my mother-in-law and we have been eating these for a few year at our house so of course we love them! One thing to know is that you will have enough left over Sloppy Joe mix to have a few sandwiches or if you want to use all the meat you will need to buy two or three can of biscuits. This would be a great meal of you were feeding lots of people but didn't want to make a huge mess in your kitchen. Hubby usually eats four and I will always eat two or if we are not having any sides I will typically eat three so if that helps with planning!




No comments: