Saturday, January 4, 2014

Chili Saturday

Quote of the day..."Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." -Allen Saunders

The menu I had planned for today was Jason's Almost-Famous Chili/ Chili Dogs for lunch and Oven-Fried Chicken Chimichangas for dinner however plans change...Saturday was a very lazy day around our house. We spent the morning finding our living room from all the awesome Christmas gifts we had received and doing a little cleaning around the house. We did enjoy Jason's Almost-Famous Chili for lunch which led to nap time for everyone at our house then both the Kansas City Chiefs and the K-State men's basketball team played this afternoon so all activity halted while those two games were happening.

Jason's Almost-Famous Chili
There is no way Jason would ever let me share his "Almost Famous" recipe with you but here is a picture for you to enjoy!



Like I said I had planned to have Oven-Fried Chicken Chimichangas for dinner however the Chiefs game didn't get over until after 7:00 pm and I had already made plans to go look at an elliptical I was wanting to buy following the game so dinner didn't go as planned. Once we got home from all of that it was after 8:00 pm so I had left over General Tso's Chinese from last night, Hubby had chili dogs and K had plain hot-dogs. Everything I had for the Chimichangas will still be good for a while so I'm sure we will find a time to have them or they will be included in next weeks meal plan.

On a positive note I did get this beauty tonight! I'm so excited to have an elliptical at home that I can use whenever I feel like getting a quick workout done. I had no idea how long the recovery was for a complete ACL reconstruction but I am quickly learning! Since my surgery at the end of September I have only been able to go to Physical Therapy and do nothing else however as of the first of December I have been cleared to workout on the elliptical! The doctor said the elliptical would be the only exercising I can do until at least April so this will be my new best friend!



No comments: