Sunday, December 5, 2010

On the thirteenth day of Christmas

Favorite Cookie Recipe

My favorite cookie recipe comes from my great grandma  Petersen. She use to make these peanut butter balls covered in chocolate...OMGoodness were they yummy! I swear I would eat a million of them if I could. Well I have tried to make the recipe a few different times and no go. They aren't the right size or the peanut butter doesn't stick together or the chocolate doesn't set up right...bottom line, they never turn out as good as her peanut butter balls!

Seriously...how yummy do these look!

My other favorite holiday recipe is candy cane cookies. A very simple sugar cookie recipe but you divide the dough into two then add red food coloring to half (some people also add peppermint flavor to the red half) then you  twist 2 strips (one of each color - red and plain) together like a candy cane. Hook over one edge and place on an ungreased cookie sheet bake for 9 minutes...AH Mazing!

I am so ready for all the yummy food this holiday season...my waist is not so we will have to exercise self control and not over indulge!

I can't wait to read about all the other wonderful holiday recipes!

No comments: