Monday, March 21, 2011

Holy Cow!

Ok this post has nothing to do with a cow...but seriously holy cow it has been forever since I have written a blog post! To be more specific the last time I wrote anything was January 24...almost 2 months ago.

I don't really know why I stopped writing. I like LOVE to blog. It is my outlet. I can write what is in my mind and on my heart and I feel like the women that I connect with on here are a huge support system. I have had more than enough to write about to it isn't for a lack of material but I think I just rededicated my time. I was feeling really guilty about not dedicating more of my time to KR. Even though I do my blogging over lunch or after she goes to bed but I would find myself thinking about reading blogs or what I was going to write about when I was spending time with her. I also ended up staying up way too late at night because I would wait until she would go to bed to log on which also meant I had to either do my daily KR chores (wash bottle, get food ready, back bag) before I logged or after. Either way it was way too late when I was going to bed which meant I was missing out on spending time with my amazing husband.

After almost two months I finally feel like I have found some balance. I still find myself thinking about things I want to blog about but I take a quick piece of scrap paper and write it down until later when I have a minute to start a post. I have also put a bedtime on myself. I will be in bed by 10pm to watch the news with my husband every night. This may mean I don't get to write a post for that day or I don't get to read everyone's post (I promise I will catch up!) but I have to do what is best for me. I truly did miss blogging in my two month vacation and I am 100% glad to be back. I have the kind of personality that if I am going to something I go all out. I have high gear and no gear. I am working on finding balance and hopefully you all will join me on my journey. When I started this blog I thought the title was going to all about weight but what I'm finding is it is more about the whole self.

There have been so many things happening in our lives and I can't wait to catch you all up but we will leave that for another day. Before I end I do have one small request. When I found out my mom had cancer (a little over a year ago, March 10, 2010) blogging was my outlet so it is no surprise to me that I decided today was going to be the day I came back to where I spill my heart. My mom goes for her quarterly cancer check today. If each of you could take a quick minute to say an extra prayer today I would greatly appreciate your time. This time she has a body scan done today to see if cancer has spread anywhere else in her body then will go see her doctors on Wednesday to find out the results then next Monday she goes to see her eye doctor where they will tell her what is actually happening with the tumor. As always we pray that the cancer has not spread and that the tumor has shrunk but please also pray to give the doctors the wisdom to perform the test correctly and find any abnormalities, and for a safe trip for my mom.

Thanks everyone for listening! Have a fabulous Monday!


No comments: