Sunday, May 13, 2012

Week 1-Saturday

Sanity-Saving Saturday--Turkey Loaf
taken from 6 Week Meal Planning 


What you will need:
Cooking spray
2 large eggs
2 Tbsp brown mustard
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup ketchup, divided
2 lb lean ground turkey
3/4 cup Italian-style seasoned bread crumbs

Direction
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat an 10 by 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add the mustard, oregano, thyme, salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup ketchup; stir. Add the turkey and bread crumbs; mix until combined. (Don't overmix, or the meatloaf will turn out dry.)
3. Transfer the mixture to the baking dish into a 10 by 5-inch loaf. Spread the remaining ketchup evenly over the top.
4. Bake until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the loaf registers 165°F, about 45 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
ENJOY!

                                    Sauce                                              Meat in the pan

 Meat with the ketchup

Potatoes

What you will need:
1 1/2 lbs (about 5 medium) potatoes
2 T butter
1/2 cup milk

Direction
1. Wash, peel and cube potatoes
2. Put potatoes into a saucepan. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add water until potatoes are covered. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes, or until done - a fork can easily be poked through them.
3. Drain potatoes, add milk and butter, mash

Corn
We used a Steamer bag of corn


Stars
Jessie: 6 out of 5
Jason: 5 out of 5

Thoughts:
It took us right at an hour from start to ready to serve.  Jason said he gave this meal a 5 because it is was "his kind of meal" so I guess that is a good thing. I loved this meal! The meatloaf was so flavorful, I'm almost sure I could have eaten the WHOLE thing but I restrained myself and only had one portion! This meal was the ultimate "comfort meal" for me and reminded me of my childhood and my grandma's house on a Saturday night. Overall a very easy meal and very flavorful.

Even Beasley tried to get some of our yummy dinner!

2012 Summer Transformation
Weight: lost 1 1/2 pound 
Water: ??? ounces- I had a hard time keeping track of water today. I'm guessing I might have gotten 64 ounces down?
Breakfast: 2 pieces sandwich thin whole wheat bread with peanut butter and a banana
Lunch: Rudy's Tacos-I had some chips with melted cheese and a cheese quesidilla 
Snack: am-no snack
           pm-no snack
Dinner: Turkey loaf, mashed potatoes and corn
Exercise: none- 4 Mile Run Like A Mother run/walk in 60 minutes-This was the first ever 4 mile race I have done. The whole race was on trails in Cedar Falls so tonight my allergies are going crazy tonight. Overall I would say I enjoyed it but it was a little disorganized so that was frustrating. But I would like to do it again next year to see if I can beat my time.
Sleep: bed at 10:30pm and was asleep not long after and got up at 6:45am so I got about 8 hours of sleep. I slept pretty good and I don't think I even had to get up and go to the bathroom!


No comments: